Fantastical architecture, imaginary urbanism, and hallucinatory dwellings.
3. The Cathedral of Mist, by Paul Willems
4. The Stairway to the Sun & Dance of the Comets, by Paul Scheerbart
5. District, by Tony Duvert
6. The Construction of the Tower of Babel, by Juan Benet
Outsider science, extreme empiricism, aberrant experiments, and imaginary speculations—literary explorations in fictional science.
2. The Perpetual Motion Machine: The Story of an Invention, by Paul Scheerbart
3. The Hierarchies of Cuckoldry and Bankruptcy, by Charles Fourier
4. Pataphysical Essays, by René Daumal
5. The Pig: In Poetic, Mythological, and Moral-Historical Perspective, by Oskar Panizza
6. The Table, by Francis Ponge
7. New Inventions and Latest Innovations, by Gaston de Pawlowski
The Library of Cruelty
Tales of love, crime, war, and madness, from the surreal to the sarcastic.
2. The High Life, by Jean-Pierre Martinet
3. The Book of Monelle, by Marcel Schwob
5. Flametti, or The Dandyism of the Poor, by Hugo Ball
6. The Creator, by Mynona
7. The Emperor of China, The Mute Canary & The Executioner of Peru, by Georges Ribemont-Dessaignes
8. A Dilemma, by Joris-Karl Huysmans
9. Disagreeable Tales, by Léon Bloy
10. The Trumpets of Jericho, by Unica Zürn
11. Murder Most Serene, by Gabrielle Wittkop
12. A Terrace in Rome, by Pascal Quignard
13. Sweating Blood, by Léon Bloy
14. Spells, by Michel de Ghelderode
15. The Arthritic Grasshopper and Other Tales, by Gisèle Prassinos
17. The Unruly Bridal Bed and Other Grotesques, by Mynona
19. The King in the Golden Mask, by Marcel Schwob
Verse, from the adverse to the perverse.
2. The Massacre of the Innocents, by Giambattista Marino
3. Life in the Folds, by Henri Michaux
4. The Thief of Talant, by Pierre Reverdy
Rogues galleries, role calls, personnel files, and eccentric rosters.
2. Odd Jobs, by Tony Duvert
3. Imaginary Lives, by Marcel Schwob
4. Brief Lives of Idiots, by Ermanno Cavazonni
The how-to manual reimagined: guidebooks on a variety of satirical, parodic, and quixotic subjects.
2. The Young Girl's Handbook of Good Manners for Use in Educational Establishments, by Pierre Louÿs
3. A Handbook for the Perfect Adventurer, by Pierre Mac Orlan
4. The Physiology of the Employee, by Honoré de Balzac