Outsider science, extreme empiricism, aberrant experiments, and imaginary speculations—literary explorations in fictional science.
2. The Perpetual Motion Machine: The Story of an Invention, by Paul Scheerbart
3. The Hierarchies of Cuckoldry and Bankruptcy, by Charles Fourier
4. Pataphysical Essays, by René Daumal
The Library of Cruelty
Tales of love, crime, war, and madness, from the surreal to the sarcastic.
2. The High Life, by Jean-Pierre Martinet
3. The Book of Monelle, by Marcel Schwob
4. Lesabendio: An Asteroid Novel, by Paul Scheerbart
5. The Conductor & Other Tales, by Jean Ferry
The how-to manual reimagined: guidebooks on a variety of satirical, parodic, and quixotic subjects.
2. The Young Girl's Handbook of Good Manners for Use in Educational Establishments, by Pierre Louÿs
3. A Handbook for the Perfect Adventurer, by Pierre Mac Orlan